We asked Christina Beavs to share one of her favorite DIY cleaners with us. This is one she keeps on hand to quickly and easily clean up any spills on her Ruggish play rugs!
One of my favorite aspects about Ruggish is the ease of cleaning.
With my first son, we had our fair share of messes on our traditional rugs and they never seemed clean enough because you can’t just throw a giant rug in the washing machine. I love that I can clean Ruggish with my DIY cleaner and it feels 100% clean.
This recipe costs pennies to make, but is super effective and leaves no residue on the rugs. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- A 16 oz. glass spray bottle
- 1 1/2 cups water (filtered water works best)
- 1/4 cup alcohol (rubbing alcohol or vodka will work)
- A squirt of dish soap (preferably a “clean” and non-toxic one. I like Sal Suds from Dr. Bronner’s)
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (I like lemon for its cleaning benefits. Also, make sure your essential oil is pure and doesn’t contain any fillers.)
Combine all ingredients in the bottle, adding the dish soap last. This will prevent the mixture from getting bubbly. Shake up the bottle and spray away!
Follow Christina on Instagram @christina_beavs for more DIY recipes and waste-reducing housekeeping tips.