Want to help your kids learn mindfulness, concentration, and healthy habits? Yoga is the perfect activity — and you can get started right in the comfort of your own home! Here are some of our favorite resources for a kid-focused home yoga practice.
There’s a reason yoga has become so popular: It’s an accessible activity that can be enjoyed by people of any fitness level — and any age! Yoga is a great way to help kids start learning healthy habits, connect with their bodies, and learn to calm themselves when faced with challenging situations.
More and more yoga studios are starting to offer kids’ classes, but you don’t need to leave the house to introduce your little yoginis to their first poses. Take it from real-life Ruggish mom Natassja Ward. She and her three boys love to gather on their Romy play rug for a fun, kid-friendly flow.
“One of our favorite activities on our Ruggish mat is turning on Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube and doing yoga all together!” Natassja said. “It’s the perfect way to get kids active, it’s fun, and everyone can fit on the mat together.”
Ready to get started? We rounded up some online resources to help you easily introduce your little ones to yoga!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: This free YouTube channel is Natassja’s favorite, featuring fun, playful yoga and mindfulness adventures in magical worlds.
- Gaia: If you have a subscription to the streaming yoga service ($11.99/month), be sure to check out the kids’ section, with more than a dozen fanciful practices for little yogis.
- Poses For Kids: Your yoga session doesn’t have to be a video. Check out this guide to good introductory poses for children from Yoga Journal.
- Kids Yoga Stories: This site features printables, games, and other resources for introducing your family to yoga.
- Yoga With Adriene: You’ve probably done some of her YouTube yoga videos — here’s one made just for young yogis!